Thursday, July 19, 2007

Two Bad Ideas

I saw an article the other day that said Hillary, Obama, and Edwards are pushing for national healthcare that would cover abortion procedures. I can't say that I'm surprised, but this does upset me for two reasons. One, I'm not for national healthcare. Yes, I think we do need to make changes to our health system, but I don't think higher taxes is the route to take. And second, with a system like they are proposing that would cover abortions, I can only see the number of abortions rising. That would not be a good thing.

I also don't think teaching kindergartners sex-ed is a benificial idea either, as Obama has claimed to be in favor of. I may be long removed from my days in kindergarten, but I do remember not having a clue about sex, and I was o.k. with that. What happened to the days that girls had coodies? And boys were gross? I personally think we need less government in the family, and allow families to do the education, especially when it comes to the "birds and the bees." Plus, I don't think kindergartners are mentally ready for their first dose of sex talk. There was a reason why Jewish families did not allow their sons and/or daughters to read the book Song of Solomon (also known as Song of Songs) until they were a certain age, and it's in the Bible! Now, I don't want our kids to be naive when it comes to sex, but lets leave that at least until they start hitting puberty.

No comments: